Outlook - Skype Meeting Icon Missing
Skype for Business: Skype Meeting option missing in Outlook
1.In Outlook, check to see if the Skype Meeting add-in is listed in "Slow or disabled COM Add-ins" in File > Info.
a) If the option for "Slow or disabled COM Add-in's" is not present, move to step 2.
b) If it is listed, select option to always enable this add-in.
2. Go to File > Options > Add-ins > Go > check the box for the Skype Meeting add-in and select OK. This will enable the add-in for this session.
3. Close Outlook and reopen, then check Calendar to see if the Skype Meeting option is available in the ribbon.
a) If the meeting add-in is present, issue should be resolved. Client can further test the issue be restarting the computer completely and see if the Skype Meeting add-in persists.
b) If it is not present, check File > Info for "Slow or disabled COM Add-in's".
If the problem persists after performing the above steps, you will need to modify the Windows Registry (recommend backing up the registry before modifying or involve the IT department if you are not familiar with Registry editing)
1. Right mouse-click from the Windows Start icon and select Run
2. Type regedit and slect OK to launch the Registry Editor
3. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Microsoft.RMSOutlookAddin
4. The registry value for the LoadBehavior line item somehow gets set to 0 (do not load automatically). Update the value to 3 (load at startup).
5. Exit the Registry Editor
6. Restart Outlook and the Skype add-in should be present. After a computer restart Outlook and the Skype add-in should remain present.
Did you find this article helpful?