Outlook - Insert a Calendar Invite into an Email
- Open up Outlook Calendar > click on the icon or click in the navigation bar and select it from the drop-down.
- Set up calendar event as an , not a meeting, since this invite will be going to an individual recipient and not other contacts on your calendar.
- Add relevant details for calendar event (Event name, Location, Time, Event description, URL of your event's landing page, Optional event alert.).
- Click in top-left corner to save the event to Outlook Calendar.
- Find the event on your Outlook calendar.
- Click and hold on the event, then drag it out of Outlook calendar and release on your desktop. This will create an .ics file on your computer desktop.
- Navigate to >
- Click > Select the .ics file from your computer.
- Once uploaded, click on the next to the file's name > select > copy the .ics file's URL.
- Navigate to > , find the email in question and access it for editing.
- Insert an image (or type out a line of text) you want the recipient to click on to add the event added to their calendar.
- Place your cursor where you want to insert the image.
- Select from the WYSIWYG editor > > select the desired image > click on .
- Once the image in inserted into the email, click on it and go to within the WYSIWYG editor one more time, select , and paste the .ics file's URL in the Link URL text box.
- Click on .
Did you find this article helpful?