Computer - Map a Network Drive & Create a Desktop Shortcut
Option 1: Create a desktop shortcut
- Right-click on an open section of the Windows desktop
- Select New\Shortcut
- Type or use copy/paste the path of the folder you want as a shortcut (you will not be able to use Browse) eg: \\SDFS\Departments\Test
- Select Next
- You can either keep the default name or type another in the Shortcut dialogue box.
- Select Finish
- Open File Explorer
- Right-click on the "Network" folder
- Select "Map network drive..."
- Select a Drive letter that is not in use from the pull-down menu (Y: for example)
- In the Folder dialogue box, type or use copy/paste the path (you will not be able to Browse) eg: \\SDFS\Departments\Test
- Check the box "Reconnect at sign-in"
- Select Finish.
Did you find this article helpful?