Wireless - Connect to Alliant Network (Windows 7)
Windows 7 Wireless SetupIMPORTANT: The first time you connected to the Alliant Wireless network, Windows 7 may have been set to cache your password. When you change your Alliant password Windows 7 will attempt to connect using the old cached password, which may result in your account becoming locked. To work around this, after you have changed your password follow these instructions.
Setting up WPA (802.1x authentication) for Windows 7
- Click on the wireless icon on the bottom right corner of your screen. Select Open Network and Sharing Center
- In the Network and Sharing Center, select Setup a new connection or network
- Select Manually connect to a new network
- Enter the information for the Alliant wireless network as shown below and click Next
- Network Name: Alliant for the Network Name.
- Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption Type: AES
- Click the Change connection settings box
- Click on the Security Tab on the top of the window
- Change the Choose a network authentication method to be Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)and choose Settings.
NOTE: You can choose to either remember your credentials or not. If you have questions regarding this please contact IT Helpdesk
- Uncheck the Validate server certificate box and click Configure
- Uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)box, and click OK
- Click OK again
- Click the Advanced Settings button
- On the 802.1X settings tab check the Specify authentication mode and set the mode to User Authentication
- Click OK and OK again.
- You should see a bubble popup on the taskbar if you are in range of the Alliant network. Click the bubble.
- Type your Alliant username and your Alliant password,
Did you find this article helpful?