Wireless - Connect to Alliant Network (Android Device)
Configure Android for secure WiFi access
The following instructions will help you to connect your Android device to Alliant's, the secure WiFi network.
- Click "Settings" then select "Wireless & Networks" and "WiFi settings".
- If WiFi is not enabled, please enable it.
- Select "Alliant" or "Alliant2.4GHz" (in some areas 2.4 has better reception).
- You may now be asked for a password to protect the credential storage on your device. This is a security setting for your device and not your WiFi password. Please enter a memorable password here to continue.
- For "EAP method" select "PEAP".
- For "Phase 2 authentication" select "MSCHAPV2".
- Set "
- Enter your "Identity" as your username "jdoe" or "firstname.lastname@example.org" (either will work)
- If you have an "Anonymous identity" field, enter your "Anonymous Identity" the same way as your "Identity" in 8.
- Enter your WiFi password.
- Touch "Connect".
- Your device should show "Obtaining IP address from Alliant..." then shortly after "Connected to Alliant".
- Do press "Forget" or you will need to enter all the configuration information again.
Your device should now connect automatically to Alliant's wireless network whenever it is in range.
Did you find this article helpful?