Federal Work Study (FWS)

How do I know if I have Federal Work Study (FWS) funds?

Thank you for your inquiry.  If you have been awarded Federal Work Study (FWS) funds you will be given the opportunity to "Accept or Decline" the award at the same website location where you "Accept/Decline" or adjust your loan awards.  To view your financial aid award, please follow the instructions below.  Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Financial Aid office.  Thank you.  
  1. Log onto the myAlliant portal
  2. Click on the "Student" tab
  3. Click on "My Financial Aid Information" under "Financial Resources"
  4. Click on "Financial Aid Awards"  
How do I find a Federal Work Study (FWS) job?

Thank you for your inquiry.  Please see below for more information on locating Federal Work Study (FWS) jobs. 

Domestic Students: For domestic students who have Federal Work Study (FWS)- all FWS positions are posted on the Financial Aid Office's website. For instructions on how to locate a federal work study (FWS) position, please follow the instructions below.
  1. Log in to the myAlliant Portal
  2. Click on "My Financial Aid Information" under the "Student" blue box located on the left-hand side of the screen
  3. Click on "View Federal Work Study Opportunities..." under "Federal Work Study Opportunities..."
International Students: For international students, contact your Campus Director regarding job placement.

If I wish to work on campus, how do I apply for Federal Work Study (FWS) if I was not awarded on my original notice?

Thank you for your inquiry. In mid May an email will be sent to all prospective and continuing students with directions on how to be placed on the Federal Work Study (FWS) waiting list or you may email FWS@alliant.edu.

What paperwork do I need to complete for my FWS position?

Thank you for your inquiry.  All forms and documents pertaining to FWS and FAQs about FWS can be found on the portal at the following link: https://my.alliant.edu/ICS/Alliant_Departments/Financial_Aid/Student_Employment_Forms.jnz 

How do I request my FWS authorization letter?

Thank you for your inquiry. Please e-mail FWS@alliant.edu to request your authorization letter.  Thank you.  

Did you find this article helpful?