I Want to Create a Group Project in Moodle, where do I start?
Often times you may find the need to assign a group project for your course, but wonder how to make it more simple for the students and simple to grade.
Adding a group is similar to adding any other activity.
1. Follow the instructions for adding an activity here. When you come to step 4 of these instructions, select "assignment" and click "Add."
2. A new box will open with several fields and drop down menu selectors. *Note, just as any other page on moodle, the blue question mark will provide details about each choice. All items in RED must be completed.
3. The first box that you will see is the "General" box. This is where you will enter the name of the group and a description.
4. Assignment Settings-Make sure that the date range boxes are all correct to your specifications (see Figure 1 below).
5. Submissions Settings-Choose the options for the number of submissions for the group.
6. Feedback Settings-Do you want to provide feedback after the assignment has been submitted?
7. Grade-What is it worth?
8. Common Module Settings
9. Restrict Access-When can the group submit assignments? If they turn it in late, how much does the grade value decrease (If any)?
10. Click "save."
**Again, if you are unsure about a particular feature, click on the blue question mark.
(Why WE Love a Group Project! - AlienTeachers. (n.d.). AlienTeachers. Retrieved from http://www.alienteachers.com/1/post/2013/04/why-we-love-a-group-project.html)