Add a new assignment (or edit an existing one) and add/change the grade value
See below for step-by-step instructions
1. Login to your course and turn on editing (top right hand corner).
2. Go to the week that you wan to add the activity (shown above) and click "add activity or resource."
3. Give the assignment a name and description (shown below).
4. Uncheck the date range feature, or update with assignment date information that suites you.
5. Assign a number value for the assignment. (You can alter other features on the grading section. If you want to know more, click on the small blue circle with the question mark).
6. If you are satisfied with the selections that you have made, click "save and return to the course."
7. Under the settings tab, click on "grades."
8. Make sure that editing is still turn on and enter the grade that the student earned on the assignment. NOTE, you have already enter the total possible value.
9. Once you have entered all of the grades for students, click on "update."
3. Give the assignment a name, change it, or scroll down if you have already completed this step.
4. Remove the date range feature (if you want the students to complete the assignment now).
5. Under the "grade" section, select the value that you want the assignment to be worth.