Adding a Link / Hyperlink Words
-Sometimes you may find the need, or desire, to post a link without that extremely long web address. You can learn how to link students to a site without the unsightly long web address.
1. Login to the moodle course and turn on editing.
2. Scroll to the week that you want to embed the link.
3. Click "add resource or activity" bottom right-hand side of the week.
4. Select the activity that you want to update (e.g. URL).
5. Click "add." A box will open.
6. If you have any content to add (e.g. Look at this site and prepare 2 questions for a group discussion), add it here. You are not done yet.
7. Copy the link for the site/video that you want to share. Paste the address into the "external URL box (shown left).
8. Under the "options" block (above), select "pop-up" from the "display" drop down menu.
9. Save and return to course.
Continue the steps below to hyperlink words.
Hyperlink Words on your Moodle Page.
1. Follow steps 1-6 above.
2. After typing a brief description of the link (as described in step 6 above) highlight the word(s) that you want to create a hyperlink (shown left).
3. AFTER you have highlighted the linking word(s), click on the "insert/edit link" (shown left). This is actually a chain icon. It looks like a tiny link of chain.
4. Once you have clicked the link, paste the site address into the "link URL" field.
5. Select "open in a new window from the drop down menu under "target."
6. Click "insert."
7. Go to your page to make sure the link works.