How much can I borrow?
Thank you for your inquiry. Please see below for a list of the various loans available at Alliant and loan limits. Thank you.
- Subsidized Direct Loans - Graduate student are not eligible
- Unsubsidized Direct Loans - Students are awarded $20,500 per academic year. The federal government charges a 1% processing fee each semester.
- Grad Plus Loans - Students are awarded based on budget and how much aid has already been awarded for the year. Each student is different, so it is important to speak with your Student Affairs Representative. The federal government charges a 4% processing fee each semester and for each loan.
- Life time award for Unsubsidized Direct Loans is $138,500.
- Life time award for Unsubsidezed (HEAL) Direct Loans is $224,000. These amounts included all federal loans received for undergraduate study as well.
Did you find this article helpful?