May I cancel my contract and move out in the middle of the year? (Housing)

Thank you for your inquiry. When a contract is signed, it is for the full-term of the contract academic-year or the summer term. Mid- term contract cancellations are extremely rare and are guaranteed only if a resident withdraws from university, or demonstrate a compelling circumstance that was unexpected before the contract was signed. 

A resident must complete a Contract Cancellation Request supported by written documentation. Contracts & Policy details can be found in the Housing and Residence Life Contract. Housing and Residence Life will consider written requests and decide to grant or deny. However, cancellation fee applies.

Did you find this article helpful?