I need more money. Where can I get a job? (International Students)

Thank you for your inquiry.

A. An F-1 student may accept employment on-campus at the institution he or she is authorized to attend without prior approval from the USCIS provided the student is enrolled in a full course of study. On-campus employment primarily means work performed on the school's premises. On-campus work is limited to 20 hours per week while school is in session. Such employment may be full-time during vacation periods for students who are eligible and who intend to register for the next academic term.

You may apply for off-campus employment authorization if you have been in the U.S. in legal F-1 status for nine months (one academic year). You must be in good academic standing and be maintaining your immigration status.

Did you find this article helpful?