How can I make sure my visa status is o.k.?

Thank you for your inquiry. The staff of the International Student Services Office (ISSO) can tell you about Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations and can advise you on proper compliance with DHS procedures. It is important that you do not rely on the advice of friends regarding immigration matters. Situations often vary, so it is advisable that you contact the ISSO or an immigration attorney on all matters that might affect your visa status. To maintain good standing with DHS, it is important that you contact the ISSO before you do something that might jeopardize your chances for remaining in the U.S. This includes contacting the ISSO before beginning a new degree objective, changing marital status or sponsors, transferring schools, securing employment, or leaving the U.S. for any reason, and this includes going to nearby Tijuana. The ISSO should be contacted first.

Did you find this article helpful?