Can I defer my previous loans when I return to school and how does the process work?

Thank you for your inquiry. You may defer previous Federal loans if you are registered at least half time for each term.  The school will electronically report your enrollment status to a national database where lenders will pull the information.  You may wish to contact your lender to let them know that you will be attending another university.

Did you find this article helpful?