What types of financial aid awards does the University offer?

Thank you for your inquiry.  Below is a list of the various types of financial aid awards offered at Alliant.  Please Note: Financial aid awards are based on a student's eligibility, which is determined by the office of Federal Student Aid (An Office of the U.S. Department of Education), after the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) has been filed.  For more information on the FAFSA, please go to the following link: https://fafsa.ed.gov/.  Thank you.  
  • Alliant International Scholarships - Institutional Aid
  • Federal Direct Loans - Direct loans must be repaid, with interest:
  • Subsidized Direct Loans are awarded based on demonstrated financial need.  The federal government pays the interest while the student is in school and up to six months after the student has graduated or drops below half time enrollment.
  • Unsubsidized Direct Loans are for all eligible students, regardless of financial need. The student is responsible for paying all the interest on the loan, but can allow it to accumulate while in school and during the grace period.  The interest is capitalized and is added to the principal balance when the loan goes into repayment.  Unsubsidized direct (HEAL) loans are only available to students in Alliant CSPP's Clinical PsyD and PhD programs.
  • Federal Perkins loan is a low-interest loan for students with financial need, and who meet the Financial Aid Office's priority packaging deadline.  Perkins loans are campus based aid and funds are limited, not all students who meet the qualifications for a Perkins will receive the loan.  Alliant International University currently awards a maximum of $2,000 to a student for an award year. 
  • Federal Grad Plus Loans are for graduate students only.  There is a small credit check is required, and interest starts accruing once the loan has been disbursed to the school.
  • Alternative Loans are private loans funded though various lenders.  They are credit-based loans and have higher interest rates than federal loans.  Students should contact their Financial Aid Office for debt management counseling before applying for these loans.

Did you find this article helpful?